Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pre-Op Day 3 & The Drive-Thru

I’m kinda ashamed to even blog this but hey, isn’t that what this journey is all about trying to deal with our issues with food. If I didn’t need help, I wouldn’t be having surgery!  

Here’s a little back story….I used to always pull in to a fast food drive thru in the mornings on the way taking my little man, Zach to daycare. He would get his usual hash browns and orange juice and I would get some kind of fried up biscuit treat and of course a “diet soda”. Well, for the past month I have been trying to break that habit.

On to this morning…I had a terrible time just getting to work. I have been trying to get Zach to eat a little something at home in the morning or take something in the car on the way into town, so I could avoid the dreaded drive thru situation. He has been complying rather well. So, this morning on the way in he wanted some dry cereal…no problem! He ate his Fruit Loops and drank his juice, then I make the turn into town and what does he say but….

“Mommy, I want some hash browns”.

 At that moment my mind and my stomach said “Heck Yeah!!!” I tried to convince him that he just had cereal and they would be eating breakfast at daycare in just a little bit…BUT NO that just wouldn’t do. So, I pull into the drive thru and I only get food for Zach…yay me! After I dropped him off, I had about 15 mins before I had to be at work….here is where I found out just how bad I wanted to EAT something, not drink a shake but actually CHEW something for breakfast. My mind and my stomach were justifying me going back to the drive thru

”You have 8 more days of pre-op, one time cheating isn’t going to hurt”

I know ME though, one cheat leads to another cheat and another…it’s a vicious cycle…hence Weight Loss Surgery!! I do have good news though…

I didn’t cheat!!

...But I sure as heck wanted to! Keep me in your thoughts guys…I’m just trying to make it so surgery day!! J

4 comments:

  1. OMGeeeee! You did it! Avoiding ordering for yourself while on a liquid diet takes major self control....you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is actually a huge deal. Good for you!!! You are stronger than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you. Only a few more days, right? How is the pre op going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right!!! Doing ok, I'd like to say this pre-op phase gets easier and for some maybe it does, not me. But, I am almost there!! Glad to read you are doing so well...keep up the awesome work!

      Delete