Friday, August 17, 2012

Slowly but surely ;)

Well, got the call yesterday from my surgeon that everything had been submitted to my insurance for approval. I should know something from 48-72 hours!!  I’m so excited and anxious at the same time…please, please, please let them say “APPROVED”!!

So, in the meantime I’m going to continue to do my part. I have cut out caffeine and carbonated drinks…that was a big change for me and took me several weeks to do it…since I am (or was) a diet soda junkie! Now I mostly drink good ole H2O or G2, very seldom some tea sweetened with Splenda. One thing that I have not been trying to practice is not drinking while eating. You are not supposed to drink 30 mins before or after a meal….Yikes!! That is so you don’t flush what you do eat right thru your sleeve and you stay full longer. I think that’s going to be a challenge for me, I drink a lot when I eat now. Baby steps though...

Monday I am going to start on a diet prior to going to the surgeon for my last appointment…that’s when they will go over the battery of tests and my surgery will be scheduled. I spoke with a lady last weekend at a birthday party I attended (she had gastric bypass) and she told me she did Slim Fast before her surgery to help her transition into getting used to shakes, etc. I thought that was a great idea so, I bought the Special K Protein shakes and protein bars. It will also help to start shrinking this fat liver of mine before I go on the 2 week “Liver reduction diet”. I don’t want Dr. T to have any problems on surgery day! ;)

In the meantime, thought I would throw in a picture of what my stomach will look like after surgery…

No comments:

Post a Comment