Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Surgery Date & Pre-Op Diet Day 1

It's Official!!

My Surgery Date is Friday, September 7, 2012!

It's 4 days before my birthday and I couldn't think of a better birthday present to myself :)) I am super excited and really not as nervous as I thought I would be at this point but maybe as the time draws nearer. I was also glad to see that I had lost some weight since my last appointment with Dr. T...hey, I'll take it!! .

I asked him when I needed to start my Pre-op liver reduction diet, of course he says....Right Now! So, here I am with my protein shake this morning. I'll be averaging about 600-700 calories a day for the next 10 days...it's a little scary. I'm not looking forward to the headaches. However, I hoping if I keep hydrated enough, it won't be too bad. I'm just going to stay positive and look at the BIG picture...or better yet...think about looking at a smaller me in a picture ;)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your pre op diet! I didn't have one, but I don't think I would have been very good at if I had. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for your surgery date. So excited for you. You will rock the pre-op. It wasn't so bad after the first day for me, and the fact I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks was a great bonus. Certainly motivated me. That's cool you have your date close to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am a new follower. You are too cute! I can't wait to hear about your journey!

    ReplyDelete