Thursday, August 23, 2012

Support Group and Misc Ramblings

I was finally able to get my sleep study report faxed to the surgeon's office. So, I should be hearing from them anytime. Another thing checked off the list....Yay!!

I ordered some sample packs of  protein powder from Vitalady. I am hoping the Nectar fruit ones will taste good or at least tolerable. I'm obsessing about my clear liquid week, making sure I get enough protein. I know that my Dr. preferred I use the Bariatric Fusion powder for the pre-op 10 day "liver shrinking" diet...not sure about post-op.

I bought some items this past weekend that I will need post-op...
A little retail therapy never hurts ;)

Chewable Multivitamins and Liquid Multivitamins
Biotin
Small appetizer plates and bowls
Small Appetizer spoons
Measuring cups and spoons
Blender Bottle
Water Bottle
Cytomax Whey Isolate Fruit Juice...32gm of protein for 20oz bottle

Still have to get a blender and food scale...

I also need another set of scales for myself...any brands recommended???

I also started gathering items to take to the hospital...I'm getting really excited and really nervous too.

I am going to a support group tonight that my surgeon's office offers every month at the hospital where I will be having surgery. My mom is coming along...she has been such a GREAT source of support during the entire process so far. I've been kinda feeling down over the past week or so...just the waiting part I guess but I am really looking forward to tonight. Hoping it can help me get out of this funk.

Thanks so much for the new followers!!!! Any advise or comments you can throw my way is greatly welcome and appreciated!!!


Also...thought I would share, just reading this made me feel a bit better....


1 comment:

  1. My advice is to take pictues before your surgery. I have almost none because I didn;t want to see myself in the pictures. Now I wish I had gotten someone to take at least a few.

    ReplyDelete