Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Two Months Post-Op

Two months…Wow! What a ride it has been so far. I would like to be able to say that this is the best thing I could have done and I don’t regret it for a second. I feel like I will be able to say that one day. There are still days that I question my decision…it’s that pesky food addiction thing that gets in my way some days.

I had a training course to attend yesterday for my job with some co-workers that I don’t get to see very often. They all know I had surgery and they had plenty of questions for me. I don’t mind questions, but I found myself telling them about all the things you can’t have or can’t do. I realized just how negative I was being. I shouldn’t be negative. I knew all of these things going into surgery. This was my decision. There are some people around me daily that seem to remind me of the negative side, they just don’t get the positive side of why I chose this for myself. Sometime I wonder if it is just their own insecurities.

I decided this morning that I am done with the negative attitude. My crazy mind just feeds on it and it’s not healthy. I could be sabotaging myself and I can’t let that happen.  I feel great physically. I love going to the gym, it always puts me in a better mood. I sleep like a rock every night.  I’m no longer a diabetic. I’ve lost just over 37 pounds….in 2 months!! I have changed drastically in two months. I know I have a long road ahead of me but I’ll get there.

3 comments:

  1. Great check on the attitude! I have to remind myself daily to focus on the positive. For example...this is the first year that I'll be able to wear the same clothes I wore last winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work lady! Isn't it funny how we do that to ourselves. Keep up the great attitude, and those around you will catch on!

    ReplyDelete