Friday, October 26, 2012

7 weeks Post-Op & a NSV!!!

Lots of things going on this week….first the numbers! I didn’t weigh in last Friday since I had a Dr appt. on Wednesday, so back on track this week. This week (and a half) weigh-in showed a loss of 4.3lbs. For a total loss of ...

36.1 LBS!!

As far as my protein and water intake…I know I need more! Yesterday was awful as far as getting in what I needed. My little boy is sick so, taking him to the doctor yesterday, I got in a little breakfast. Came home by lunch cooked us some chicken with some broccoli and cheese. I ate a little, still very little actually tastes good to me. It sounds good and looks good but when I start eating…not so much. Then like a bad WLS patient, I didn’t eat anything else yesterday until I got home from Support Group at 9pm. Because of my little man being sick, I missed a couple days at the gym. I felt completely guilty but my little man being well is my #1 priority.

Support Group was good; I missed my girls that are usually there that had the same surgery just a few weeks before me. Also, it was the last meeting of the year. Not another one until the 4th Thursday of January…that scares me a little. I like being around people that understand what life is like after surgery and understand the challenges and rewards that come with it.

OH!! I did have the most A-MAZ-ING NSV this past weekend! My clothes are huge, right?! So, I had this meeting coming up at work and I have to go to the Division Office and with colder weather approaching, I wanted to look decent, not like I was wearing a tent. I was in Belk and they had moved the plus size section. I couldn’t find it anywhere and I never like to ask where it is…it’s just embarrassing that I have to say it out loud. So, I wondered over to the “regular people” racks. I have been looking for a black cardigan. I still have some sleeveless tops that I can get by with a smaller cardigan. So, I find one. I say what the heck let me try this on. I NEVER expected it to fit; I was totally prepared for it not to. BUT!!! It fit! An XL! That is HUGE for me. I don’t even remember the last time I wore something from the missy’s section. It had to be in High School and for a short amount of time. Then I got brave. I grabbed some pants off the rack and headed into the dressing room. An 18 fit perfect and not an 18W either!! I ended up buying two sweaters and two pairs of dress pants. So much better than my 2X-3X and my 22W/24W that I had worn forever. Honestly, that is the first time since surgery I have felt proud of myself. I have been excited about losing and seeing my clothes getting bigger, although I don’t really see it when I look in the mirror. This is working, slowly but surely!

So, this weekend I promised my little man we would carve a pumpkin, I don’t ever remembering doing that before so this should be interesting. I like to see him excited about things, it makes me excited. This is the first year that he actually gets the whole trick or treat thing. He is going to be Capt. America (he is super hero crazy). I’ll post a pic next week and possibly get in one of ours truly. J

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. Congrats on the victories!!! You are doing so good. I have really got to get back on track with my eating. Woohoo

    ReplyDelete