Friday, October 5, 2012

4 weeks Post-Op and a HUGE NSV!!!

I haven’t had the greatest week physically or emotionally. Been dealing with tummy issues the first part of the week, which made it next to impossible to meet my protein and liquid goals. To top it off, my taste buds when crazy this week. NOTHING tastes right anymore. Everything basically tastes like junk! It's either too sweet or I can't stomach the consistency. I just didn't see this coming at all! Then, I wasn’t able to get to the gym as often I would have liked. With all of that though...I still had a loss this week. So I will definitely take it!! I’m down 1.2lbs with week which makes a total loss of…

25.2lbs

I am hoping for a better week coming up and I am trying to figure out how to get to the gym more often. They only have child care in the evenings two times a week, so that in itself is an issue. I also am thinking about taking the Power Plunge class (water aerobics). On the nights I don’t get there, I need to make a conscious effort to do some kind of exercise. This week...I will do better!!

Now on to my NSV!!! (Non-Scale Victory)  I followed up with my PCP on Tuesday. The first time I had seen him since surgery. He was aware that I was meeting with a bariatric surgeon and looking to have some form of WLS but I didn’t let him know when it was scheduled. I already had this appointment set up to go back to him. So, I thought I just let it be a surprise! He was thrilled with my progress. He wanted to take some labs…my Hemoglobin A1C mainly. Just to see where my diabetes stood. I hadn’t been on my sugar meds since surgery and my finger sticks had been great. So, I was excited to see my levels also. He called me the next afternoon (I absolutely love having an MD who will call you himself!) My levels were outstanding compared to my last labs!!

He told me that I officially no longer had Type II Diabetes!!

That brightened my week up tremendously!! So, it may be slow and I may have a very long road ahead of me to reach my goal. But, I am moving in the right direction now!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome NSV!!! I am hoping for similar results with my cholesterol...but, I have to wait until December. I think it's cool that your PCP makes the calls himself. I love mine, but even she doesn't do that.

    I have had a similar reaction to sweets--just can't handle much anymore. Sugar is too sweet and artificially sweetened stuff just tastes bitter. I've done OK with a Splenda packet in my AM coffee or tea, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!!! What a great victory. Congrats on the loss too. You are doing so good. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete