Thursday, September 20, 2012

2 week Post-op Appt

I had my first post-op appointment with my surgeon yesterday afternoon and needless to say I am a very happy camper today!!!

I am down 22lbs!!!

Unfortunately, she said they only count the weight you have lost since your last appt right before surgery but I am counting what I have lost since I have begun my journey...sooooo here are the numbers



Consultation Visit             269lbs

Final Visit/Before Surgery   265lbs

2 week post-op                 247lbs

Total lost                         22lbs!!!!



The doctor was very pleased; Of course I need to up my protein. I think it is so hard at this point because of still being on liquid/pudding type foods. I didn't know I was supposed to be getting 15-20g of protein every 2-3 hours. I was only getting in protein like 3 meals a day....oh well, there is sooooooo much to remember. I am going to have to log my food. That is one thing I haven't done. I did get some unflavored protein powder so I can add it to my greek yogurt and such. I had been scared to eat more than 2 oz. at a time but she told me to try more, just go slow. I feel better today, more energized and not so scared of my "baby" tummy.
  
Someone asked me if I had made any goals and I have been thinking of one but I have always been afraid to say them out load because before I would always fail and didn't want to answer to anybody due to failing. But I do have a goal and I hope it's realistic.

I want to be less than 200lbs by the end of the year. AHHH ONEDERLAND!!! I don't even remember the last time I was less than 200lbs....high school probably. That would be 48lbs to loose in 14 weeks. I totally think that it is doable as long as I keep my proteins up and continue to exercise. We will see...I am going to do my best to not fail.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Looks like we're on similar paths...I am hoping to be in the 100's by the end of the year, too. I think it's totally doable for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be cool! I hope you can reach that goal!

    ReplyDelete