Monday, September 17, 2012

Post-Op Week 1

I’m back! Sorry I’ve been MIA since surgery but I really just needed time to myself to figure all this out. I’ve had a couple bumps in the road in the last week but feeling so much better today. I’m even back at work today, which has honestly made me feel even better.

My surgery and hospital stay went very well. All the nurses said I was doing fantastic…I was a walking fool!!  It was good to get home though. Liquid diets still suck…that doesn’t change after surgery. However, it is nice that my stomach doesn’t growl. It has been hard to get all my proteins and fluids in but it gets better every day.

When I weighed at home the morning of surgery, I had officially lost 10lbs on my pre-op diet. I weighed again yesterday, I know I said that I was going to wait for my follow-up with my surgeon but it is just so tempting. As of yesterday I had lost another 10lbs.

SO…..a Total of 20lbs!!!!

I’m happy with that. Everyone says they see a difference in my face. I see it and when I got dressed for work today, I could tell a difference in my clothes too.

I’m hanging in there…it is definitely a mental game right now to me. I’m not hungry but I miss eating, I miss food. I’ve been cooking for my husband and little guy, it doesn’t bother me to cook but I’ve noticed over the past couple days, I want to chew something!!!! I did scramble an egg…it’s a little early for eggs based on my surgeon’s schedule but I did fine with it and it tasted sooooooooo good.  J


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you're back and doing well. It truly is a mental game. Congrats on the loss. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrambled egg I ate after surgery tasted soooo good to me! Glad to hear you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate a scrambled egg (well 1/4 of a scrambled egg actually) yesterday morning! I was full all day. :)

    ReplyDelete