Monday, January 28, 2013

A Love/Hate Relationship...

My sleeve and I.

A Love/Hate relationship.

The love part…I love my sleeve, there is absolutely NO way I could have lost 68lbs in the last 4 ½ months (or ever…let’s get serious) without my sleeve. It has literally saved my life. My life is no longer controlled by my size. Don’t get me wrong…I am far from slim and trim but 68lbs less is major!

The hate part….I hate my sleeve. We all have stress daily in our lives and on most days I can totally handle it. Then there are those days when I want to stuff my face until the stress, hurt, disappointment and sorrows melt away. That was my old life and there are days I miss the hell out of it. It is totally the truth that WLS changes your body…not your mind. With that said I come right back to the love part.

I’m thankful for my sleeve because even though we have this love/hate relationship. I’m not physically able to drown my worries in calories and carbs…without getting violently sick anyways. This day will pass and this stress will pass. Another crappy day will come along and this vicious cycle of mind over matter will reappear. For now and I hope for the rest of my life…my sleeve will win.

Thank you sleeve…I do honestly love (and hate) you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Christy, I go through this alot, even though I was banded for 3 years previously...it's a never ending battle with the head....I don't know if we will ever move on from this but hopefully these 'days' where we want to eat the world will be few and far between....we are only human. Great weight loss so far..keep up the great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's awesome you admitted to that...it's so true, there are times that stuffing my face seems like a viable option and the sleeve prevents me from doing it! Which is good...really, at least better for me than eating a whole bag of cheetos.

    ReplyDelete